Following the UK's decision to change their approval criteria to the EU's guidelines we are not in a position to supply Gel2Root and Gel4Plugs to the UK market. We're in the process of re registering these products and hope to have the approval re instated soon
All prices on this website are recommended retail prices (RRP). If you are a Garden Centre please call us for a trade price.
If you're interested in stocking any of our products please fill in the form below and someone will get back to you.
Facts and Figures on Taking Cuttings
- Since taking cuttings is a fast, inexpensive way to grow several new plants (clones) from one (mother plant), more people take cuttings than buy seeds
- One estimate suggests that most households possess on average at least 6 houseplants and, according to the horticultural press, about 50% of houseplant owners take cuttings of their plants on at least one occasion, the average being sixteen!
- Around 9 million people in the UK can be classified as ‘marginal’ gardeners. High on the list of gardening activities is taking cuttings
- An estimated 30 million cuttings are taking in the UK each year
- Consumer research suggests that Gel2Root is seen as a clean, simple and convenient way to grow healthy cuttings in
- Gel2Root works successfully with most common species of houseplants and softwood plants – the list is steadily ‘growing’. See our Gel2Root plant list for an up to date list
Initial trials using Gel2Root showed:
- 90% consumers agreed that using Gel2Root was easier than their usual method of propagation
- 95% consumers that had not attempted to take cuttings from plants said they would give Gel2Root ‘a go’ because it looked so simple to use
- 100% consumers agreed that using Gel2Root was quicker than their usual method of propagating plants
- 100% consumers agreed that Gel2Root was cleaner than their usual method of propagation